2015: In The Eyes of an Advocate for the Persecuted Church

Posted at Voice of the Persecuted:


(Voice of the Persecuted) As we walk through the pages of 2015, trying to make sense of all the persecution suffering, death, and destruction—our thoughts turned towards the joy, and faith witnessed throughout the year. There were many days consumed with prayer, tears, and at times feelings of helplessness. Helplessness as we looked at the larger picture and magnitude of suffering, we feared for the situation. Fear that we couldn’t help so many. But at these times, we go before the Throne of God.

Recalling 2015, one VOP Advocate shared,

“Many times I’ve asked to be relieved of my position as a voice, and advocate. Why, because I couldn’t witness the suffering without means to help every single victim. Many times I was told, “No, My Grace will see you through”. Prayers were answered, others joined us in the mission of helping the persecuted. Tears were turned into joy and in some instances shame, as I learned that those suffering had the faith of Job. Faith that I lacked. I felt ashamed of myself, and my Faith was increased. I learned so much from those I was trying to help, so much about love, about faith, and God. I learned they were praying for me and my heart broke.”

A dear persecuted Brother doesn’t celebrate his birth on earth. He celebrates his birthday as the day He was born again! This brought so much joy to my heart. Another dear Brother had prayers answered and found a mate who shares his Faith and love for God in the middle of war and persecution. They are now excitedly expecting a child. Such joy! In the refugee camp where Voice of the Persecuted brings relief, we’re invited to share in the excitement when a baby is born. They ask us to PRAISE GOD and REJOICE with them for the gift of new life. The entire camp celebrates this wonderful miracle. In the middle of slaughter and suffering comes rejoicing and new life!

Comments