THE EVANGELICAL ESTABLISHMENT GOT TRUMPED, AGAIN

By Bojidar Marinov - Posted at Axe to the Root:
Image from Axe to the Root


Forget about the Republican establishment; that one has been exposed long time ago, and Donald Trump is only repeating the same things many other people said. It is the evangelical church establishment that is hit much worse by Trump’s ostensibly chaotic babbling. Yeah, he is acting as a 5-year-old on two pounds of sugar, but – and I don’t say this lightly – there is a genius behind his statements. If that genius is not Trump himself, then it is someone else. But the system and the pattern are clearly discernible, and they are specifically geared towards not so much making Trump look smart but making his opponents show, in their own words, how hopelessly schizophrenic and self-contradictory they are.

And the evangelical ecclesiastical establishment is one of his targets. And I must admit, I enjoy the spectacle very much.

Now, before I continue, let me offer the same waiver I have offered before: I am not voting for Trump, and I don’t think any discerning Christian could vote for the man in good conscience. Trump is – obviously to me – a liar, he would say anything he needs to say so that people trust him, and he has said this openly in his book that he promotes at his rallies. The man is obviously lying, he doesn’t plan to do anything of what he promises, given that he says different – and very often contradictory – things to different audiences. That much is clear, as far as I am concerned.

But, boy, can he expose the schizophrenia of the churchian establishment in the US.

Comments

All Time Favorites (Top 5)