A Word to (Some) of My (Fellow) Internet Calvinists


By Kofi Adu-Boahen - Posted at Entreating Favor:

Originally published Oct. 1, 2015.

I’ve wrestled with how to say what I’m about to say for close to a year and a half. If there is one group of people who generally fail at self-criticism, it would probably be Reformed folks. Even now, I’m sure some people are preparing their copies of  The Institutes of the Christian Religion to launch at me in a manner consistent with causing bodily harm. Please, hear me out first.

First off, this is not an anti-Reformed rant. I am a card-carrying five-point-Calvinist with a great appreciation for historical, confessional Reformed theology. I don’t agree with every tenet of classic Reformed thought (my view of the covenants would be one example – another would be my view of baptism) but I would say it speaks closest to what I believe as a Christian. In short, guys, I’m on your side.

It is exactly because I am on your side, friends and brethren, that I have to call a huddle in session. For folks who profess to believe in such earth-shattering truths, some of the attitudes worry me. Here are a selection...

Read more...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Five SC Republicans in US House vote to Fund Planned Parenthood, Not Border Wall

Education and the Victimhood Mentality

Activists Arrested in KY for Blockading Abortion Clinic Doors

Report: School-Issued Devices Spying on Kids

This Week in History: The Philadelphia Convention Begins