Turretin vs. Doug Wilson on Calling

Scottish Puritanism


Posted at Scottish Puritanism:

"After about a year and a half of meeting, the man who had been doing the preaching (ordained by a Baptist denomination) announced that he had gotten a job elsewhere and that he was moving. We were on our own the following Sunday. As I said, it was the seventies. The idea of going into pastoral ministry had not occurred to me, but when it did, I didn’t like it very much. Nevertheless, as things turned out, I was up in front with the guitar. That was my call to the ministry; I knew all the chords. I began to preach. ..." - Doug Wilson

I do not know if Wilson has since gotten a legitimate calling and ordination from an established church body. But he explains in his own words. (I thank Rachel Miller for finding this. Even though she unfriended me on Facebook because I said Saddam was better than ISIS).

I also recommend this post by Rev. Lane Keister.

Comments

All Time Favorites