UNCONSCIOUS PRIVILEGE?

By Persis - Posted at Tried By Fire:

The following quotes are from Heal Us, Emmanuel: A Call for Racial Reconciliation, Representation, and Unity in the Church, which contains contributions from various pastors in the PCA. I started reading this in earnest over the weekend and could not put it down. I don't agree with everything, but there is much that I do. Regardless, this book is thought-provoking and uncovers assumptions and unconscious privilege that the Christian majority culture (white culture) may be bringing to the table. There is more that I could write particularly in how those assumptions trickle down in application for women, but it will have to wait. My day job is calling me.

You may disagree completely that there is any privilege whatsoever in play. Fair enough. My intent is not to point the finger but to encourage you to listen to a side you may not have considered before. Above all, my motive is for the peace and healing of the Bride of Christ.

Comments

Popular Posts